INNO Student Challenge
The INNO Student Challenge helps students and recent graduates realise their innovative nature conservation ideas. We provide the three best ideas with a grant of € 10.000,- and professional coaching sessions.
Participate in the challenge and be the change!
Geef deze pagina weer in het Nederlands
Our forests are on fire and our icecaps are melting. Our waters are full of plastic, animal species are going extinct at alarming rates and ecosystems are collapsing. We live in a time of ecological and climate crisis. The world needs new innovative solutions to conserve nature. The world needs you!
What is it?
The INNO Student Challenge is organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature. The INNO Student Challenge is a part of the INNO-fund. The INNO-fund supports innovative conservation projects from Dutch foundations. Now, we also want to work together with the Jane Goodalls, David Attenboroughs and Boyan Slats of the future.
Our world is changing quickly, the challenges the world faces today are of great complexity. These times ask for innovative solutions. Together with passionate students and recent graduates (max. two years after graduation) we try to tackle these problems. We provide the three best ideas with a grant of € 10.000 and professional coaching sessions, so that innovative ideas can be realised. Are you that do-gooder with a passion for nature that the world needs? Then submit your application here!
About the challenge
Can you participate?
- You are registered at a Dutch University, higher professional education (hbo), or secondary vocational education (mbo). Recent graduates can also participate, within two years after graduation.
- You study and live in the Netherlands.
- You are at least 18 years old and not older than 30.
- You do not have an organization yet, however, you do want to start one
- The total budget of your project is not higher than € 100.000,-.
- Your project stimulates nature conservation in an innovative way.
What can you win?
- The three best ideas win € 10.000,- each to realize their idea.
- The three best ideas receive professional coaching sessions.
How will you be judged?
- Is the idea ground-breaking and scalable?
- Is the idea innovative?
- What will the grant be used for?
- Does the team have the knowhow and most importantly the passion to make this project a success?
What is expected of you?
- First you need to submit your application. You need to do this before the deadline of the 1st of March 2020. This includes a short written pitch which the jury will judge on innovativeness, impact and whether you meet all the criteria.
- On the 1st of April the ten finalists will be announced. Are you one of these geniuses? Then you need to hand in a project plan before the 1st of May. In this round, the jury will look at feasibility and financial justification.
- On June 5th 2020 the ten finalists need to pitch their idea to the jury.
- On June 25 the ten finalists are invited to the award ceremony where the three winners will be announced.
- Questions? Visit our FAQ page or contact us! We are more than happy to answer all your questions.
Nature needs you
Since 2003, the INNO-fund support Dutch foundations that take an innovative approach to nature conservation. To provide you with some inspiration, multiple testimonials of organizations that were supported by the INNO-fund are listed here.